April 6, 2021
See below for a list of bills that pertain to maternal and child health in Louisiana
Bills that are part of the Mama+ Health Policy Agenda:
- SB 215 – DISCRIMINATION: Provides for the reasonable accommodations of employees who become temporarily disabled due to certain medical conditions.
- HB 468 – MEDICAID: Provides relative to the extension of Medicaid coverage for an individual experiencing postpartum.
- HB 495 – NURSES: Allows full practice authority for advanced practice registered nurses. Removal of CPA.
- HB 190– INSURANCE/HEALTH: Provides relative to maternity services of midwives and doulas.
Additional Relevant Bills:
- HB 301 – TAX/INCOME TAX: Establishes an income tax credit for certain funeral and burial expenses for certain pregnancy-related deaths.
- SB 72– HEALTH DEPARTMENT: Creates the office on women’s health within the Louisiana Department of Health.
- HB 193 – HEALTH/LDH: Creates the office on women’s health within the Louisiana Department of Health. House version of SB 72.
- HB 7– TAX/SALES-USE: EXEMPT: Provides for a sales and use tax exemption for feminine hygiene products and diapers
- HB 146– TAX CREDITS: Establishes an income tax credit following the delivery of a stillborn child
- HB 218– CHILDREN/NEWBORNS: Authorizes the installation and use or newborn safety devices at infant relinquishment sites designated in Safe Haven Law
- HB 55– DOMESTIC VIOLENCE: Removes bureaucratic burdens to domestic violence survivors getting restraining orders.
- HB 282– HOUSING/LGBTQ: This bill makes it illegal to discriminate on the basis of sexual orientation or gender identity in our state’s housing opportunities, thereby joining existing protections against bias on the basis of race, religion, sex, etc.
- HB 375– HOUSING/SEXUAL ASSAULT: Allows sexual assault survivors to break leases without incurring penalties.